Cloud Capacity Management Consultant
Cloud Capacity Management ConsultantWe have an exciting full time permanent opportunity to join our team in Norwich.Purpose of the roleThe purpose of IT Capacity Management is to work as part of the Aviva Global IT team to provide oversight of Aviva’s use of IT infrastructure Capacity. Principally, understanding the demand on IT services and ensuring that the right level of capacity is available to meet that demand in a cost-effective and service-protecting manner.The rate of delivery into Cloud technologies is both rapid and accelerating, and ensuring that capacity is planned, implemented and operated appropriately is a key role in the organisation. This role represents a rare opportunity to shape and drive both process and operations of a key aspect of the strategic IT technology in a large organisation.The successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of activities, focussed on analysing and facilitating management of Demand and Capacity across all Cloud Services in Aviva. The role is responsible for developing Capacity Management processes and driving best practice for use of the Cloud Capacity Management process/behaviours into application teams. The holder will review results and utilisation information to identify areas of concern and develop action plans to address areas of concern.This is a rare chance to shape value-adding process from the ground up, and is a role for someone with many skills including the desire to make things better and the flair to communicate and break through barriers. Deep Subject Matter Expertise is vital, but on its own is not enough. The successful candidate must be an excellent communicator, be able to come up with creative solutions in the face of blockages and always have customer outcomes in the forefront of his or her mind. It’s not for someone who just wants to follow process. The role holder will be required to use his or her experience and skills to devise processes fit for Aviva’s needs, but also, understand when it is appropriate to adapt them.Duties & ResponsibilitiesDuties include but are not limited to:
- Analyse Capacity and Demand usage of Cloud services, across multiple technologies and suppliers as required Embedding of Operational Processes and Procedures.Combine input and data with deep subject matter expertise to create value-adding insight into service planning efficiency for all Cloud services on a rolling basis.Rather than replicating existing work in operational teams, this role is all about using intelligence and knowledge to drive efficiency as a specialist expert resource.Give insight and recommendations to optimise management and use of Cloud technologies.Present technical insight back to technical contacts, but also present business opportunities back to senior management. Be capable of influencing both.Application on-boarding support - act as a point of expertise for projects or BAU as required to create understanding of Demand and Capacity needs for all Cloud deliveries•Identify areas where Aviva is over-capacitised or can otherwise reduce cost.Own, build and support resources to help others maximise use of Cloud technologies
- Experience of complex multiple-BU, multiple-Supplier Cloud Operations is essentialITIL Practitioner or similar by relevant experienceA numerical based qualification e.g. statistics, maths etc or relevant experience
- Cloud-pertinent understanding of capacity, reserved instances, instance types etc.Understanding of technologies in Cloud and tooling, e.g. AWS Trusted AdvisorExceptionally strong analysis skills and structured approachStrong numerical reasoning, statistics / mathematical skillsIT Service Management experience in a complex multi-supplier environmentBusiness orientation, able to translate IT into business termsAbility to influence senior stakeholders and drive action
- Experience of delivering benefit in cloud-based IT services at an Enterprise levelDemonstrable Cloud technology expertiseIT Service Management – ITILUsing analysis of detailed and complex systems to drive benefitsRelevant financial services industry experience
- Salary in range £38,000 - £45,000 depending on experience.Excellent benefits, including pensions and bonus potential.Generous holiday allowance.