Senior Electrical Design Engineer - To £70K basic salary
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Design to join a leading MEP Design & Build Contractor in London and become a key part of their Design and Project Managent team.
Reporting to the Senior MEP Design Manager, you will be responsible for providing co-ordinated, detailed Electrical Building Services Designs on a range of large scale new build mixed-use and residential projects and ensure these projects are delivered safely, within budget and on-time.
This role will suit a client facing Senior Electrical Design Engineer who has worked for both consultants and contractors / developers and has seen a number of major projects through the design process, construction and final handover.
Working in a team of around 25 MEP Design Engineers and Revit / CAD Technicians, the Senior / Principal Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for;
- Preparing calculations, schematics, drawings, diagrams, outline designs, and specifications.
- Collaborate with other engineers, project managers, suppliers, site installations and construction teams to ensure the programmed doesn't drift.
- Attend regular Design review meetings and progress meetings and on all aspects of the projects and prepare design development reports.
- Manage, monitor and QA the work of Junior and Intermediate Electrical Engineers.
- Assist Estimators and Project or Construction managers as and when required.
- Ensure that all practices, policies and services represent the client's and our best interests.
- Ensure designs comply with current legislation, British Standards and Codes of Practices.
- Attend testing and commissioning procedures prior to handover.
- Assist in compiling final project documentation and safety file/submittal information, ensuring inclusion into O&M Manuals.
Given the nature of the role, it is likely that the Senior Electrical Design Engineer has a minimum of eight years' experience in the Building Services industry as a Design Engineer and have worked for a Design and Build Contractor or a developer. REF 1471