Digital Technical Architect - IT Solutions
Digital Technical Architect - IT Consultancy - UK Wide
Key Words: Digital Technical Architect, Java, Scala, Cloud, AWS, Agile, Open source, NoSQL, MongoDB, Public Sector, Transformation, London, Birmingham, Midlands, Bristol, Glasgow, Wales, Rotherham, Woking, Manchester, North East, Newcastle
This is an excellent opportunity for a hands-on Technical Architect to immerse themselves in Digital transformation. We specialise in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale. Working across a number of major Public Sector clients you will be working primarily with Open Source software - the team are first and foremost engineers, putting Software Engineering and professionalism at the heart of delivery.
The Digital Architect has the key role in defining and delivering a digital government. You will enjoy working across the full lifecycle of a project: help define a client roadmap, create a vision for a service, work with agile teams to deliver, create an automated continuous delivery pipeline, work with devops teams to understand and improve the service in production.
What you’ll bring:
We are looking for architects across the practice, so don’t worry if you haven’t got strong experience in every skill listed below. If you can demonstrate some of these skills then we’d really like to talk to you.
Ideal skill set:
- Strong software engineering/development background (ideally Java, Scala).
- Track record of defining digital solutions, including integration to legacy systems.
- Hands-on experience in delivering a micro-service based solution.
- Experience in delivering using Agile (preferably SCRUM).
- Experience in defining solutions using open-source.
- Experience in defining, delivering, improving Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Experience, and passion for, leading teams of software engineers.
- Recent experience of delivering web-based services, ReSTful APIs or complex integrations.
Additional skills also of interest:
- Delivering in a cloud-based environment.
- Devops tooling and their place in a solution (puppet, docker etc).
- NoSQL databases – differences, selection criteria, delivery experience.
- Development frameworks such as Play!, dropwizard, angular.js, node.js.
What we’ll offer you
The chance to make a real difference at the heart of the digital transformation within the UK Public Sector, in addition the professional development. accelerated career progression and an environment that really encourages entrepreneurial spirit.