Civil Project Manager
A civil engineering contractor is looking to recruit a Project Manager for a roads project in North Yorkshire. The company is leading medium sized contractor with office across the UK and Ireland. They are ideally looking for someone that has proven experience of delivering highways projects as the Project Manager.
- The Project Manager must be able to function autonomously and jointly with the Contracts Manager, Commercial Manager and Director.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong Commercial awareness and Cost Control ability with a proven track record in the area of construction planning.
- Must be technically competent with the ability to set and track project milestones and deliverables.
- Instruct, coach and direct the project staff with respect to construction, contractual, and regulatory requirements with responsibility for assigned work.
- Responsibility for the delivery of the job on time, within specification and on budget
- Ensure all personnel on site conduct their duties to the highest standards.
- Manage day to day operational duties.
- Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Build, grow and develop business relationships for the success of the project
- A Relevant Construction related Degree
- Minimum 7 years' civil experience
- Thorough knowledge of computer and database applications such as Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project/Power project etc.
- Thorough understanding of the construction industry and broad understanding of regulatory requirements in the United Kingdom.
Salary and Benefits
- Up to £70,000
- 26 days' holiday
- A chance to be part of some very exciting opportunities in London