This is a great opportunity for an immediately available qualified accountant to join an international Oil and Gas company, based in Mayfair, London.
This is a very hands on Group Accountant position, where you will have a good exposure across the business with a broad range of responsibilities.
Responsibilities as Group Accountant include:
- Responsible for the preparation of the consolidation and accuracy of the Group's results and financial position in line with IFRS.
- Preparation of the Group's external Financial Reporting documents.
- Responsible for preparing and reporting accurate, timely & robust results and financial position of the UK and non-Nigerian entities.
- Manage the day to day duties of the UK Accounts Payable Clerk.
- Assist the Group Financial Controller with adhoc Group accounting issues, including background research, preparation of accounting papers and journal entries.
- Assist Group Financial Controller in maintaining & upgrading the Group's Accounting general ledger (SUN) and roll-out of new developments/modules.
- A qualified accountant
- Strong technical & practical accounting experience including a good understanding of IFRS reporting requirements. Experience of accounting for debt financing and/or oil & gas accounting would be favourable.
- Experience of SUN accounting system or equivalent (OneSAP, SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics).
- Experience of preparing group financial statements.
- Ability to work well under pressure to tight deadlines and to deliver high quality output in line with requirements, often defined by others.
- Flexibility to take on ad-hoc projects.
- Enthusiasm and desire to understand accounting system functionality, providing continual challenge to seek system & process efficiencies wherever possible.
- Strong communication and team workings skills.
- High standards of professional integrity and sound commercial judgement.
If this role of Group Accountant sounds like something you would be interested in please get in touch with Alex Badeni, either via email on or phone on 02075098896