Robert Half is working in partnership with a high profile, dynamic fashion retailer, who recently launched 50 stores nationwide, and who is currently going through a rapid expansion programme. The role will be based in Watford.
They are looking to recruit an ambitious, personable part-qualified accountant to join their growing finance team. The right candidate will have strong analytical skills, good interpersonal and communication skills, and a can-do mentality. Retail and multi-site experience would be advantageous, but not essential.
To act as the Finance Business Partner for the Central Stores team. To provide insightful analyses to the team to aid decision-making, deliver improved store performance, and assist the stores team to achieve their commercial and financial goals.
The candidate will also be an integral part of the finance team, assisting with daily and weekly performance reports, monthly management reporting, budgeting and forecasting requirements.
- Finance Business Partner for the Central Stores team.
- Provide the Central Stores Team with timely and accurate information to allow them to make the right financial and commercial decisions. This includes the preparation of monthly reports (P&L for each store, store cost analyses), as well as ad hoc reporting.
- Maintenance of store related information databases.
- Financial appraisal of new stores.
- Integral part of Finance Team.
- Preparation of daily sales reports by store, weekly store performance reports.
- Monitoring and approving all store related invoices for rent, rates, service charge and insurance.
- Monthly review of all store related charges to the P&L.
- Calculation and posting of all store related financial journals including accruals and prepayments.
- Investigating and explaining all store related cost variances.
- Assisting with the preparation of the monthly management accounts and the monthly board pack.
- Assisting with year-end audit queries.
The right person must:
- Part qualified accountant (or qualified by experience).
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Expert user of excel, with the ability to manipulate large volumes of data.
- Quick learner of systems.
Salary up to £45,000 and company bonus. 25 days holidays, pension and other company specific benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.