Buyer / Range Manager - Home
Would you like to work for a distruptor in the Home market? A retailer who has delivered consistent performance and holds an ambitious plan to further grow market share?
Based in Milton Keynes, our client has identified a new opportunity for a Range Selection Manager to join the team. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying missing products across all categories and you will use your influencing skills to work with the key stakeholders to expand product portfolio, ultimately offering customers a comprehensive range to select from.
You will be highly analytical and able to use market insight to influence commercial decisions. Your approach will be one that is both ambitious and pragmatic - with this being a new role you have the opportunity to shape it as you see fit.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Growing SKU count from 6000 to circa 40000
- Build and maintain influential and productive relationships with all key stakeholders, including: Marketing, Buying, Senior Management, Suppliers, Retail Operations
- Regularly review market to identify trends and relevant products to add to range
- Domestic and FE Sourcing
- Negotiate strong commercial terms with suppliers whilst creating partnerships to support long term strategy
To be considered for this opportunity, you will offer the following:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role
- Exceptional communication skills, including influencing, presenting and negotiating
- Highly analytical, proactively using market data to identify commercial opportunities
- Ambitious yet pragmatic in delivering strategy
- Ability to work in a fast paced and somewhat entrepreneurial environment
In return, you will have the opportunity to work in a high profile role whilst working with a diverse range of products.