Senior Project Planner
Our client is quite simply a world leader in engineering, development and service to the Defence, Emergency and Aerospace industries. With a presence in over 200 countries around the globe and nearly 50,000 employees worldwide they are a Global Top Ten at the leading edge of technology in their fields.
Our client is looking to recruit a Senior Project Planner for a major engineering / manufacturing project.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Process (Key Result Areas)
- Arrange & attend reviews within programme and or with Integrated Project Team.
- Maintaining the accuracy of project plans; ensuring that they reflect the project objectives, are updated in a timely manner and are communicated to all IPT members
- Ensure plans are integrated into overall project requirement, with dependencies to other functions identified through scenario planning.
- Using scenario planning to evaluate potential options for programme.
- Working to interrogate Identify cost and schedule variance, risk and opportunity.
- Prepare & analyse data (Earned Value, Critical Path) required to influence programme decision making.
- Liaise and coordinate with IPT to expedite tasks and resolve problems.
- Knowledge and involvement in project risk management
- Schedule risk treatment activity.
- Develop and manage team to support and influence IPT members.
- Organise own workload to ensure time is utilised effectively
- Organise team workload (where applicable) to ensure time is utilised effectively
- Time Management & Absence Management
- Identify future areas under or over supply within programme/IPT
- Review actual vs. planned hours within programme/IPT
- Microsoft Office applications
- Company specified risk and planning tools
- Project Performance Review Pack
- Ownership of multi level project plans accurately reflecting resource, schedule and cost.
- Proactive optimisation of programme schedules to minimise schedule uncertainty.
- Optimised resource profiles.
- Proactive involvement with IPT and Work Package Managers
- Adherence to all Company standards.
- Utilisation as per Planned Budget
- Personal Development Plan in place.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
- Business and Product knowledge
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proven stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Good organisational skills, demonstrated through ability to plan and prioritise
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Good personal, Interpersonal, organisational and time management skills
- Experience of planning and control.
- Customer focused
- Training, mentoring and supervision of staff members.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team, demonstration strong
- communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficient on SAP Tool and related planning, Risk and project
- management tools Especially
- MS Project.
- Understanding of LCM (Product, Business Winning and Project Life Cycles)
- Ability to forecast and control schedule and cost.
- Understanding of the Performance Management & company processes & procedures
- computer literacy, including all Microsoft Office applications.
- Understand company cost systems & performance measures for project, overheads & capital costs
- Formally educated and trained in planning
- Awareness of Project Management
- Experienced MS Project user.
- Experience of Planning and Control environments.
- Knowledge of Engineering, Procurement and Manufacturing process
- Experience of SAP essential.
- People management experience desirable
Is This You?
Do you want to work for a world leading, technologically innovative 'Global Top Ten' company? If you have the skills described above then do not delay, send your application to us and we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the vacancy further...