Senior Primary Care / Practice Nurse (PN)
An appealing opportunity for a Band 6 Primary Care / Practice Nurse based in a Harrogate Medical Centre
Are you for looking for a different experience within Primary Care? We have an exciting opportunity for a Band 6 Senior Primary Care Nurse, based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. Administering nursing care for young adults whilst they undertake physical training, field-craft, survival skills and classroom courses.
The Post in a nutshell:
As a Senior Primary Care Nurse, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary primary healthcare team and be the focal point for day to day nursing issues. Reporting to, and supported by, the Matron. You will be both confident and competent to work autonomously and provide nursing care to the medical facility population.
Basic Requirements for the Role:
- RGN Level 1 Qualification with current NMC Registration
- Experience in Primary Health Care, in a leadership role, is essential.
- Clinical Skills- Venepuncture, vaccinations, ECG, ear care, wound care/dressings, suture removal, assisting with minor operations, cervical cytology, smoking cessation, sexual health/condom distribution and chronic disease management.
- Minor Illness/Minor Injury & Immunisation and Vaccination.
- Working hours are generally 37 hours across 5 x 7.5 hour shifts (mainly week days, but support in covering night and weekend shifts may be required).
The Benefits you can expect:
- Band 6 Salary is dependent on experience.
- SMART Pension available.
- 25 Days, plus bank holidays (Bank holidays may need to be worked - TOIL given in placement)
- Sick Pay after 6 months of continuous employment.
- This is 100% a site based position. Travel would only be required for any training needs.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free gym membership to the onsite gym, Onsite café and Costcutter, Company benefits scheme offering discount to hundreds of high-street stores.
If you or anyone you know is interested in this opportunity, then please contact Kerry Fox on 01132003705 for an informal chat.
Hays are pleased to offer a £250 referral bonus to any successful applicants that you refer to us.