Commercial Gas Engineer
Newcastle upon Tyne
Are you a qualified gas engineer? We have a fantastic opportunity for you!
Our client has been established for over 50 years, specialising in facilities management. They are looking for an experienced commercial gas engineer who will join them in their success.
If this is you, read on…
- Great basic salary of £28,000 - £30,000 DOE
- Plenty of overtime available
- Access to company vehicle
- To maintain gas heating equipment and assist with all other PPM routines across the North East on our clients' large education contract.
- Comply with gas-safe standards at all times
- Complete all required documentation such as risk assessments and log books
- Ensure that tools and equipment are correctly used and maintained
- Diagnose faults on equipment and repair as needed using manufacturers guidelines
- Record and report any risk, loss or defect to management for corrective action
- Ensure completion of remedial work, repairs etc. within the timescales defined
- Engineering qualification: BEng. BTEC, City & Guilds certificate in engineering etc. (or equivalent experience)
- Relevant gas tickets
- Candidate will be required to undertake a DBS check due to the nature of the role
- Proven track experience in a similar role
- Problem solver and able to think on your feet
- Strong communications skills
- Awareness of health and safety concerns associated with the job
This will be a varied role where no two days will be the same. Please don't hesitate to reply for this role!
Contact Steph on 0191 2211 567
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.