Web Development Apprentice - London (SW15)
Responsibilities of the IT Apprentice
- Learning about Python language and related frameworks
- Learning about PHP and frameworks
- Knowledge of visual design principals; graphic design, layout, typography, color and branding
- Understanding of PHP Myadmin, MySQL
- Knowledge of HTML, web technologies, web design and graphics
- Moderate computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook, and Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, InDesign and Illustrator
- Knowledge and experience with content management systems, such as WordPress
- Design collateral items like: Brochures, Flyers, Presentation Decks, Logos, etc.
- Maintain the company's sites
Requirements of the IT Apprentice
- We are looking for someone will very good spoken and written English
- Excellent organisation skills and a "can do" attitude
- Ideally someone who has an interest in advertising management, brand promotion and project management
- The candidate will also have good communication and interpersonal skills
- They should be highly responsible and have some skills/ experience in meeting deadlines
- Most importantly they should be passionate to constantly learn and develop
- Ideally 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
Training available for the IT Apprentice
Start with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment, covering: Object-oriented programming (OOP), SQL data modelling, Web and systems development, Event-driven programming.
You will gain City & Guilds Level 3 qualifications in IT Systems & Principles and IT Professional Competence, as well as a Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) in software development fundamentals.
Benefits: (additional information)
You will receive regular coaching and friendly guidance from the experienced members of the team, learn new skills and enjoy a great learning and working experience. You will gradually assume more responsibilities subject to performance.
The dress code for the office is smart casual.