Infrastructure Analyst/ IT Service Desk Support - Night Shifts
Job Title: Infrastructure Analyst Night Shifts
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £21,500 - £28,500
Working Hours: 18:00 - 06:00 4 shifts on, 4 shifts off
Our client is an IT Company and outsourcing partner who designs and implements innovative solutions and provides professional managed services working to an ITIL framework. The company was established in 2003 and is a privately owned company. Their mission is to give businesses the key - helping them to achieve excellence through better IT.
Objective of Role
As a core member of the 24/7 infrastructure technical team, you are the first point of contact for our client's Customers 24 hours a day, you ensure that the service they provide functions. This role is a through the night position for support to the customers in different time zones and it will also include being part of a great team and being a key member of that team. On the service desk you will aim to resolve support calls at the first point of contact from the Customer. In all cases you will see incidents you log through to resolution even when escalating calls to more senior technicians. This approach increases your exposure to different technologies used in the desktop environment and in turn increases your ability to progress your technical knowledge in this area.
As an Infrastructure Analyst at this company you will be passionate about their Customers and will work within the Business Excellence Framework. This includes resolving support calls within Service Level Agreements with the ultimate target of receiving consistently good Customer feedback through Nice Reply and on their Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- To provide Service Desk support to clients via telephone and email
- Logging and updating all key information regarding the support call on the Company's Incident Management Application
- Resolving the support call in a quick and efficient manner, paying particular attention to Company SLA's
- To escalate calls where necessary to Second Line
- To keep up to date with appropriate technologies as used by the Company and its Clients from time to time
- To familiarize yourself with all key Company systems
- To show a genuine desire to continually improve your technical knowledge and ability through self-study and in conjunction with the Company's offer of training
- To be involved in maintenance work
- To monitor alerts and action when required
- To monitor and asses inbound tickets logged via email
- Confident when dealing with client requests
- Clear and effective communicator
- Projects a positive, friendly and professional image in person and on the phone
- Demonstrates a passion for customer service
- Desire to study for technical qualifications
- Reliable and flexible
- Good team player
- Minimum of 12 months solid experience of working on an IT service desk in a similar role
- Windows 7/8/10
- MS Office - all versions
- Backup Software & Online Backup Solutions
- Monitoring Software for example PRTG
- Switch and Firewall troubleshooting (Basic - Intermediate skills)
- Hyper V & VMWare (Basic - Intermediate skills)
- CRM, SharePoint & DNS (Basic)
- Active Directory skills (Basic account management)
- Exchange 2007/2010 (Basic - Intermediate skills)
- Windows Server2003/2008/2012 (Basic - Intermediate skills)
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to diagnose and trouble shoot IT issues
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/SBS, Exchange 2007/10/13, Microsoft Office 2007-2016/365, Windows 7/8/10, VMware, Virtualisation, SAN, Microsoft SQL 2005-2014, Citrix, Thin Clients, Symantec Back-up Exec 12.5/2010/2012, Veeam, Acronis Backup, Networking, Switches, Routers, LAN/WAN/IPSec/MPLS, SSL VPN, Printers, Blackberry Enterprise Server, SonicWALL Firewalls, System/Enterprise Monitoring Tools, Shell Scripting, Active Directory Application Deployment, IT Analyst, IT Lead, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, IT Desk Support, 1st Line Support, IT Manager 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, Desktop Support, 1st Line Support Engineer, 1st Line Support, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Support, Fault Desk, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, IT Systems Support will also be considered for this role.