Chief Engineer Control Systems
A Chief Engineer with experience in control systems for Hybrid vehicle systems and extensive experience in the application of these systems in production projects is required for a permanent employment opportunity with a leading international automotive, aerospace and defence technology company based in Cambridge.
The role is offering a salary up to £60,000 per annum based on years of relevant industry experience.
Our client is a global world-class, multi-industry consultancy for engineering, technology, project innovation and strategy. With a century of delivering value, our client employs over 2200 professional consultants, engineers and professional support functions world-wide.
- Technical leadership of the controls team
- Day-to-day line-management of engineers within the controls team
- Technical leadership for all projects within the controls area
- Interface directly with clients on technical issues
- Focus on delivery of projects on-time and on-budget
- Technical negotiations with clients and support of commercial discussions
- Support Sales Teams in the development of market opportunities
- Promotion of company's capability throughout the global customer base
- Drive the development of future products and services
Skills / Experience Required
- Minimum degree in an Engineering or Science related discipline (e.g. electrical and electronic engineering / mechanical engineering/physics / computer science / software engineering / maths / control engineering)
- Fluent in a model-based development languages such- Matlab/Simulink, Embedded Coder, Targetlink, ASCET
- Ability to understand C-Code
- Experience in control systems for Hybrid vehicle systems and extensive experience in the application of these systems in production projects
- Analytical approach to developing controls algorithms in an automotive environment
- Experience of leading an engineering team
Other Skills & Experience:
- Good interpersonal and customer facing skills
- Ability to provide robust estimates, plan work and clearly communicate ideas & concepts though documents & diagrams
- Ability to multi-task & effectively prioritise work.
- Be able to work well both as part of a team and individually
- Be flexible on work location and prepared to travel within the UK as well as internationally on short assignments.
Pension Plan, Private Health Care Contribution, Life Insurance, 25 Days Holiday
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW or for further information you can contact Stuart Higgins on or email
Keywords: Hybrid Controls Targetlink ASCET Matlab Simulink Model Based Design C Code Embedded C Algorithm Algorithms Automotive Manage Lead Leadership Senior Chief