Client DetailsGlobal Brand who are very focused on Internet of Things (IOT) Product delivery and are looking to expand their software development team.
As an Embedded developer you will:
- Work in an agile environment with a dynamic and highly skilled team.
- Collaborate with the Manufacturing team to help define the software requirements for new hardware developments.
- Bring up new ARM-based Linux boards.
- Specify and validate drivers for IoT radio tiles, USB interfaces, WiFi and BTLE.
- Develop embedded solutions for IoT devices.
To be considered for this Embedded developer role based in Cambridge you will need to show/be:
- An enthusiastic software developer with an interest in designing for performance and reliability
- The ability to identify and quantify technical risk, with an appreciation of security considerations for distributed systems
- Able to develop resilient solutions to mitigate risk,
- A genuine interest in supporting the manufacturing process with firmware testing solutions
- A team player who likes to discuss solutions and ideas
- commercial experience of C/C++
- Extensive and detailed embedded Linux experience
- Linux kernel programming
- Commercial experience with test frameworks.
- Experience with embedded device firmware development
- low-level ZigBee, Z-Wave, WiFi, BTLE and/or USB interfacing experience
- Degree-educated (e.g. Computing, Electronic Engineering, etc.)
- C/C++ programming (Required)
- Java programming (Desired)
- Python programming (Desired)
- Linux development (Required)
- Linux kernel development (Required)
- Agile methodologies (Desired)
This Cambridge based Embedded Engineer role is on offer as a permanent posting with a salary of £50,000 - £60,000 + excellent Bonus and benefits.