- Do you have first class customer service skills?
- Can you work as part of a team?
- Do you have a pro-active and positive ‘can do’ attitude?
- Are you a hard worker suited to manual task within a very active role?
We are looking for a friendly, hardworking individual, wanting to learn and progress their understanding within the Society as it continues to grow.
This role provides a great introduction into the Society with many of the tasks covering a large number of areas throughout Head Office and the branch network.
No formal qualifications are required, experience of providing an excellent customer service and working as part of a team will suffice as full training will be provided.Package description
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Cover
- 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
- SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
- Childcare vouchers
- Head Office onsite shop and internet cafe
- An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
- Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
- Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
- Eye Tests
- Understand departmental priorities and needs and work towards these as guided by your leader.
- Give relevant and constructive feedback to your leader to support the building of a high performance culture
- Adhere to all relevant policies, processes and practices for your area.
- Work closely with all colleagues within and across teams to support delivery of departmental plans.
- Ensure quality of outputs by ensuring all work is error free.
The ideal candidate will have a basic knowledge of word, excel and outlook and have the ability to work towards deadlines. You will be confidence to make decisions and also able to use your own initiative. The successful candidate will be able to build great relationships with a variety of external suppliers and will have experience of working in a customer facing role.About the company
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do.
The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.