An Organisation, based in Milton Keynes is looking to strengthen their growing team with a Logistics Analyst
Key Logistics Analyst responsibilities:
* Production of all workload forecasting and budget data for the division, developing operational plans for store allocation, stock intake and capacity capabilities.
Monitoring of workload and operational activities, interpret data, produce and publish reports, bringing anomalies and opportunities to the attention of the appropriate management.
* Development of reporting and modelling methods.
* Deliver data that supports the longer term strategic planning process
* Maintain the Central Distribution data, with 'plan', 'actual' and 'budget' information all tracked and measured.
* To identify data available from warehouse management systems, extract and use to improve the planning processes.
* Provide ad hoc analytical support to senior Distribution Managers to agreed timescales.
* To actively ensure that your approach and activities are customer focused
* To construct and maintain a Business Continuity Plan for the Central Distribution function, liaising with other divisions and external agencies as required
Knowledge, Experience & Requirements:
* Be able to think creatively and logically to construct and use computer models to simulate operational situations and analyse data to evaluate the validity of plans
* Take a proactive approach to foresee problems and take action before they arise, acting as a source of assistance and knowledge for other functions and DC's
* Ability to think creatively and logically to construct and use computer models to simulate operational situations and analyse data to evaluate the validity of plans
* Needs to pro-actively identify areas for continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
* To be able to understand the needs of the customer and tailor reports and presentations accordingly
* Ability to interact with people from various areas of the business at different levels to create and present your data
* Although working in a small planning team you will need to ensure improvement opportunities are investigated and discussed
* Strong analytical, statistical reasoning and numerical skills.
* Extensive knowledge of PC based spreadsheets and databases using both Microsoft and Access
* Knowledge of other data-mining tools are desirable, e.g. VBA and SQL
This is an ideal opportunity for existing Logistics Analysts who are looking for their next career move with a popular and respected organisation who are currently experiencing an exciting period of growth and development.
If you would like to find out more information please get in touch with Peter Nee on 0121 260 2530, or please see below to apply for this role.