Test Automation Engineer Senior Analyst / Specialist / Team Lead
Role: Test Automation Engineer – Senior Analyst / Specialist / Team Lead
Location: London or Manchester
Travel: Must be willing to be based at and travel to client sites throughout the UK
We have roles available across the following Accenture career levels depending on skills and experience:
Senior Analyst: from £31,424
Specialist / Team Lead: from £36,725
Job Type: Permanent
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Technology powers our clients to achieve high performance with best in class established and emerging technologies. We are able to extend our technology and business capabilities by working closely with market leaders and innovators to provide our clients with the best specialised skills and tailored solutions.
With Accenture Technology you will deliver everything from point solutions for a single business function to large, long term outsourcing services, to complex systems integration installations spanning multiple businesses and functions.
We are focused on aligning IT with business priorities, enabling a digital Accenture and driving down the cost of IT, while working to provide all of our employees with the capabilities to run a high-performing business!
What responsibilities will you have?
- Identify and analyse suitable opportunities within projects for test automation
- Plan, estimate and manage work efforts
- Analyse and review test requirements, and establish automation scope
- Conduct tool analysis/proof of concept, make recommendations, and tool selection
- Lead / contribute to the development of automation at all layers of the application stack
- Lead / contribute to the development of automation across test phases/stages, including requirements, test data, defect management and test reporting
- Implement automation tools, define and develop automation frameworks and design and deliver industry leading test automation solutions for our clients
- Generate innovative approaches to test automation problems and assist in re-useable asset building
- Work with development and in-sprint teams to help architect applications to support effective test automation
- Support DevOps implementations through delivery of CI aligned test automation, including on-demand / automated overnight execution
- Support test automation assessments
- Utilise efficient and effective processes and standards in order to continuously improve quality
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Skilled in Test Automation including planning, script development & maintenance in an Agile/Waterfall environment
- Experience in two or more of the following testing toolsets/frameworks
- Frameworks: Page Object Model, Keyword Driven, Hybrid Driven
- Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Protractor, Selenium Grid/SauceLabs, Applitools
- HP UFT, Rational Test Workbench, Borland Silk Test, MS Visual Studio
- CA Application Test, Rational Integration Tester, Parasoft SOATest; SmartBear Ready!API
- jUnit, TestNG, ReportNG, other
- BDD using Cucumber, JBehave, Specflow, Gherkin
- SoapUI, SoapUI Pro, Postman, other
- Experience in one of these programming languages:
- Java / J2EE
- Groovy, Python, Ruby
- XML, JSON
- C#, VB.NET, VBScript
- Experience with Continuous Integration, in one of the following build/deploy/version control tools:
- Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Maven, other
- Git, Subversion, Stash, other
- MS TFS
- Ability to interact with internal management teams and external client contacts using strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
What’s in it for you?
All of our Technology professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2017
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found