Senior Structural Engineer- Buildings & Marine Works
Senior Structural Engineer
Salary up to £40,000 + Benefits
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced, motivated, Senior Structural Engineer to join a successful, well-established Civil and Structural design consultancy in a friendly, professional team in Brighton. Working on an interesting mix of large scale residential works, commercial developments and marine works you will be offered continuous support and guidance and the chance to work on an interesting mix of projects from inception through to completion stage. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4-5 years' (or more) experience working in a design office and will feel confident designing using steel and concrete.
Our client is offering a friendly, professional and supportive work environment actively encouraging candidates to progress towards Chartership. Additionally you'll get the chance to be involved in a diverse range of interesting large scale projects. Our client is offering a competitive starting salary plus pension contribution and flexible work arrangements.
In order to be considered for this Senior Structural Engineer role you will;
- Have gained a Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Minimum 4 years' experience in the design of building structures
- Chartered or working towards Chartership
- Ability to design in all the main structural materials
- Capable of sketching to quickly explore ideas and communicate with others
- Experience in producing calculations by hand and using computer packages such as TEDDS
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to learn and develop
- Knowledge of advanced computer analysis packages e.g. STADD PRO
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
Commutable locations for this Senior Structural Design role include: Hove, Southwick, Eastbourne, Worthing, Newhaven, Haywards Heath, Hastings, Horsham, Lewes, Burgess Hill and London.
In order to discuss this Senior Structural Design Engineer role and other similar roles within the Building Structures sector please call MIKAELA on 01792 341104 or email your CV to