Big Data Engineer - (Scala or Java or Python)
- Willing to relocate to Bangkok, Thailand - Visa sponsorship and relocation provided
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science /Information Systems/Engineering/related field
- You will have at least 3 years' exp working with modern systems languages
- You will be experienced in debugging and reasoning about production issues
- A good understanding of data architecture principles
- Any experience with 'Big Data' technologies / tools
- Strong systems administration skills in Linux
- Strong experience in JVM languages (Java / Scala in particular)
- Python/Perl/Go/Shell scripting skills also a plus.
- Any experience working with Lambda Architectures and/or open source products
- Working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies.
Spray, Hadoop, Kibana, ElasticSearch, Yarn, Akka, Mesos, Kafka, Sensu, Redis, Scala, Python, Cassandra, Postgres, Spark, OpenStack, Logstash, Couchbase, Vertica, Grafana, Go.
Our client is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia and part of the largest online travel company in the world. They have the dynamism and short chain of command of a start-up and the capital to make things happen. In this competitive world of online travel agencies, finding even the slightest advantage in the data can make or break a company. That is why they put data systems in their top priorities.
Their systems scale across multiple data centres, totalling a few million writes per second and managing petabytes of data. They deal with problems from real-time data-ingestion, replication, enrichment, storage and analytics. They are not just using Big Data technologies, they are pushing them to the edge
While they are proud of what they've built so far, there is still a long way to go to fulfil their vision regarding data. They want you to be as passionate about data technology as they are, to join the fight.
You can be part of crafting, building, deploying (and probably debugging) products across all aspects of their core data platform products.Responsibilities:
- You will Improve scalability, stability, accuracy, speed and efficiency of existing data systems
- Design, build, test and deploy new libraries, frameworks or full systems for core systems while keeping to the highest standards of testing and code quality
- Work with experienced engineers and product owners to identify and build tools to automate many large-scale data management / analysis tasks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.