Business Development Manager, St Albans, up to £30k + commission
Would you like to work for a well-established company in St Albans who are experts in their field?
The New Business Development Manager will play a key role in the growth of the company. You will be responsible for targeting, developing and growing new accounts in the current market, and ultimately target sectors, to agreed sales targets.
You will be expected to generate your own new leads, establish contact through cold-calling as well as follow up on enquiries from potential new clients and leads generated by internal marketing activities.
- To research, identify and actively develop new sales opportunities within our targeted industries.
- To contact new prospects via cold calling, e-mail and by attending industry-specific and networking events.
- To follow up leads generated by targeted marketing campaigns.
- To close sales and meet agreed revenue targets
- To represent The Language Factory at trade shows, events and client meetings.
- To keep accurate records of all contacts and calls with prospects and clients using the company’s CRM system and internal project management system.
- To work closely with the Marketing Manager to maximise returns on marketing activities.
- To pursue personal and professional development via company-organised training and own initiative.
- To make best use of sales tools and social media.
- A strong understanding and experience of prospecting, sales, relationship management and new business development and management.
- A good understanding of budgeting and forecasting and the use of CRM systems.
- An excellent understanding of business management, bid management, contract negotiation, and board level presentation.
- Strong positive, can-do attitude
- Comfortable with cold-calling and generating leads
- Proven ability to build and develop relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to sell at all levels
- Strong and demonstrable planning, budgeting and organisational skills
- Flexible and open to change
- Determination, perseverance and drive to succeed
Hours - 9.30am-5.30pm
Benefits - 25 days holiday, plus an additional day off for your Birthday! Parking available, pension
Please note due to the number of applications we often receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.