Shop Manager - Gerrards Cross
NEW SHOP OPENING!!! We are looking for an experienced Shop Manager to join our team and support the latest new COOK shop opening
- To provide first class customer service to every customer, every time, and to lead your team to do the same.
- To treat every customer with courtesy and respect and ensure they take priority over whatever else you are doing.
- Lead your team to develop their product knowledge so they can advise customers on menu planning and increase sales by talking about upcoming offers, products and promotions.
- Train, monitor and review all of your team on Remarkable Service to ensure our customers receive the company standard on every visit.
- Deliver all financial targets through your team.
- We are a food business - make sure the shop always looks immaculate, clean and spotless.
- Lead your team to deliver the COOK brand standards and follow all the legal, health and safety and fire procedures.
- Develop excellence in cash handling and weekly reporting to ensure our Central functions receive the information they require.
- Understand your P&L report each period and maintain a reporting system for any variances.
- Review your service levels regularly and plan local marketing where necessary.
- Checking in deliveries and placing orders. Accountable for accurate stock taking every period.
- Ensure your team represent the brand at all times through their service, standard of dress and communication with customers.
- Maintain and update all training records.
- Train your team in all relevant areas of daily shop procedures.
- To maintain staff records in staff discipline, sickness and holidays.
- Hold daily team briefings to communicate current business requirements and motivate for the task ahead.
- Recruit and train new team members where needed and to maintain rotas and adequately cover for absence.
- Carry out meaningful appraisals and on-going development of the team.
COOK is a pioneering frozen food company, a certified B Corporation and one of the country’s top 100 Best Companies To Work For (38th this year). Our business is purpose driven and values led: we believe all companies should be seeking to make their business a force for good in society.
Since 1997 we’ve been making remarkable food for your freezer, prepared by hand at our Kitchens in Kent (savoury) and Somerset (puddings) using the same ingredients and techniques you would at home. It means our food looks and tastes homemade (maybe even a bit better).
We have 89 shops and counting across the UK; concessions in 450+ farm shops and independent retailers; and a fast-growing home delivery business.
Our brand needs to be remarkable, handmade/homemade, foodie, honest and authentic, with a strong independent voice and look that enables us to stand apart from the supermarkets.