Clinical Training Manager
Clinical Training Manager
Salary: £60,000 + Benefits + Company car
Hours: Full Time
Job Type: Permanent
- The Clinical Training Manager is responsible for leading the delivery of professional and clinical training programmes and interventions to Pharmacy Based employees throughout McKesson UK and in a variety of clinical settings
- To define and lead the implementation of a strategic professional workforce plan which supports McKesson UK in the achievement of its commercial priorities and delivers its professional capability ambitions
- Providing expert advice to the business and stakeholders on strategic professional workforce development and contemporary best practice, highlighting professional and regulatory changes which influence our strategic plans
- Initiate and oversee a Professional Training change and improvement programme across the McKesson UK organisation, which drives a step change in professional capability, performance and the establishment of a 'best in class' training provision.
- Set direction for effective professional development through management and commissioning of appropriate workplace training programmes for Health Care Assistants. Health Care Partners, Dispensers, Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacists
- Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming professional training programmes, whether internally or externally delivered, to ensure they are fit for purpose and are effective interventions
- To work with internal stakeholder groups to advise and champion pragmatic delivery methodologies which balance cost with the most timely and effective intervention.
- To act as the point of contact for external training organisations and professional bodies, to contribute to the broader professional training community and enhance our reputation as an employer of choice
- To assure a high quality Preregistration Graduate programme which is recognised as the sector leader, attracting high calibre graduates for leads Schools of Pharmacy. Manage these through to successful registration and through a Foundation Year programme to be successful pharmacists in our organisation.
- To lead the professional training team, regional tutors and Teacher Practitioners maximising the use of internal resources to provide a comprehensive and high quality training provision
- Champion the development of post registration programmes for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians which develop and maintain their professional competence and align with our Get, Grow, Keep philosophy.
Experience and Qualifications
The role holder will be a qualified pharmacist and able to demonstrate their graduate level of intellect within their role. Ideally they will hold additional qualifications in Clinical Pharmacy and or training and development or be prepared to work towards such qualifications.
A genuine enthusiasm for people development is essential, and the role holder will be able to communicate this clearly. Previous experience of training and development or pharmacy practice teaching would be desirable.
Commercially aware, the role holder will have a breadth of experience and likely be a minimum of 3 years qualified from either a hospital pharmacy or community pharmacy background.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82059022