Product Manager / Product Owner Agile
Union Street Technologies is the UK’s leading provider of billing, provisioning, and customer management solutions to resellers operating in the communications, data, and IT sectors. Its award winning solutions are used extensively throughout the UK and Europe to manage communications and data services including fixed line, cloud, mobile, data and next generation networks.
We are currently seeking a Product Manager/Product Owner (Agile) to come and join us on a Full-time basis at our Head Office in Richmond, Surrey. This role will be reporting to our CTO.
The Product Manager/Product Owner will gather and prioritise product and customer requirements and work closely with product and development teams to deliver industry-leading solutions for targeted market segments. The Product Manager/Product Owner must be adept at defining and communicating the vision, strategy, and solution approach for the proposition with sales, marketing, support, customers and partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
This is a key position carrying out the activities and processes required for Union Street to remain at the forefront of the UK telecoms billing, provisioning and operations software sector. The role is focused on developing innovative solutions that meet and exceed customer needs, driving revenue growth and profitability.
- Understanding and specifying market requirements for current and future propositions.
- Gathering and validating input from stakeholders to identify opportunities and turning these into actionable roadmaps.
- Embedding the culture of Proposition Management across all functions of the business, evolving the proposition strategy, defining a roadmap and taking ownership of commercial success.
- Managing the proposition lifecycle, including technical and commercial KPIs.
This will involve:
- Conducting market research.
- Competitive analysis.
- On-going visits to customers.
- Discussions with partners.
- Defining the product roadmap, balancing product requirements and market impact against time to market and project risks.
- Monitoring the status of development projects.
- Present product strategy, roadmap, and existing features to internal and external audiences, including executive briefings, trade shows, and sales meetings.
- Support the product's go-to market strategy with the Head of Sales and Marketing.
- Keep close involvement with key development projects during release cycles, working closely with the sales, product and development teams to deliver exceptional features and value to our products.
- Evangelise the product to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Train and support the Sales and customer support teams throughout the product lifecycle.
- To preserve information security, report security breaches, in line with the Information Security Policy, and to act in accordance with the requirements of the Information Security Management System.
Supplementary Duties (when required)
- Attend trade shows.
- Attend industry forums and user group meetings.
- Assist with marketing activities and customer visits.
- Excellent interpersonal, numeracy, literacy and communication skills.
- Experience of working in billing, IT and/or telecoms.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Optimistic and positive attitude when engaging with partners and colleagues.
- Proven ability to multi task and prioritise under pressure.
- Good listening skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of working with customers and software projects in the Telecoms and IT sector.
- Significant experience bringing new products to market with an emphasis on 'whole product’ readiness.
- Evidence of ability to influence and negotiate complete solutions throughout the company.
- Ability to help develop, promote and use a company-wide Proposition Management process and related systems.
- Ability to articulate and drive business opportunities into actionable roadmaps.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels inside and outside Union Street - both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in MS-Office and project management/collaboration tools (e.g; Jira, Wrike and Office365).
- Must be able to thrive in a dynamic, flexible work environment from strategy to execution.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
This job description defines the role as it exists now. It is not meant to represent an exclusive description of the job holder’s responsibilities as these may vary from time to time in line with the needs of the business. This role may change and evolve over time and any changes will be communicated appropriately.
Please note: You must have a full Right to Work in the UK. We are unable to provide sponsorship.
Job Benefits: (subject to passing probation, availability and Line Manager Authorisation)
- Kiddi Vouchers
- Health Care (Opt in)
- Death in Service
- Critical Illness Cover
- Flexible start and finish times (37.5 hour week)
Job Type: Full-time