Product Consultant / Business Analyst
Our client is a fintech company based in Surrey who are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join them in a product based, client facing role.
Product Consultant will work within the product team and be involved in all aspects of the product team ranging from product development to client deliveries/implementations.
Primarily the Product Consultant will have one primary area of focus; either client implementations or product development.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Good understanding all the products within the team
- Subject matter expert for one product within the team.
- Able to run cross-product client deliveries from conception to delivery
- Able to work within a project team for larger deliveries
- Able to work heavily in isolation when required, and handle higher profiled deliveries.
- Able to attend/run client meetings/workshops
- Able to complete project documentation
- Able to train / assist sales teams
- Able to heavily influence the product roadmap based on client feedback.
As a Product Consultant, the individual would be expected to always understand what development was occurring in their SME product, and provide their experience to help support / influence areas of development.
The role will involve some areas of the following, but level of involvement will depend on the individual’s targets/focus within the team, and business need to support the Product Manager.
Run product development in the absence of the Product Manager
- Assisting the Product Manager in the following areas:
o Product Development from design to delivery
o Conceptualising / designing new product ideas
o Capturing requirements / writing new user stories
o Daily scrum meetings
o Supporting the development and testing teams.
o Reviewing test cases
o Liaising with different teams within the product team
o Stakeholder demos
Other roles / expectations:
- Able to train Junior Product Consultants
- Able to acquire an excellent fund knowledge
- Able to acquire very good technical knowledge
- Able to acquire an excellent understanding of products
Suitable candidates will be:
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to engage in all areas of the business to develop knowledge
- Highly motivated and used to working to multiple deadlines.
- Intelligent with a good grasp of IT - preference for Industry fund knowledge.
- Diligent, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Flexible, resourceful and hands-on.
- Positive, social and can adapt into a vibrant work culture.