Finance Business Analyst- 6 month contract
Job title: Finance Business Analyst
Contract Type: Fixed Term (6 Months)
Hours of Work: 37.5 Hours, Monday - Friday
Here at First Utility, we want to make a difference. We are changing the face of the energy industry by campaigning for more transparency, better communication and a speedier switching process. Through pioneering technology and sharing our knowledge, we put our customers firmly in control of their energy, so they can spend less on what they need and more on what they want.
We are proud to deliver award winning service and as we continue to challenge the industry, our talented people are integral to our journey; our people make that difference. As we continue to grow our Team we now have office locations in Warwick, Coventry, London, Krakow and Hamburg.
We’re now looking for a Finance Business Analyst to join our Finance Team in Warwick to help us continue to make that difference.
The Finance Business Analyst is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and inquisitive individual to join First Utility’s talented Finance department, to work on an exciting project to develop existing and implement further finance processes for this up and coming product.
The project will allow you to work alongside other departments in the business, to understand business process requirements, the detailed financial reconciliation of our income streams and to improve operational processes. There may also be scope to get involved in other finance projects.
This is a hands-on role that will allow you not only to analyse processes but implement change where necessary with data at your disposal and a matrix support function to make decisions and changes.
Areas of specific responsibility
- Work closely with the operational and project teams to gain an understanding of the end to end business process relating to our product income streams.
- Review and enhance, where required, income stream reconciliations (both in terms of revenue recognition and cash receipts).
- Gain an understanding of process issues and work with the Finance, operational and project teams to provide/update process maps and solutions.
- Work with Data Management team to specify requirements for data reporting
- Work with project teams to ensure that Finance team requirements are understood and included in future delivery plans and tested where necessary
- Experience working to enhance financial processes
- Experience of process mapping business processes
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Either an Accounting (part qualified) or Business Analyst background
- Excellent Communication skills at all levels
- Ability to ensure that reviews/processes reflect the customer impact as well as operational and accountancy requirements
- The suitable candidate will be a committed, motivated, hardworking individual with an excellent eye for detail
- An inquisitive approach to problem-solving prepared to challenge the status quo and go beyond the expected
- Experience in the energy industry would be an advantage
- Staff management experience would be an advantage
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment
As well as a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary, you’ll also enjoy 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), pension, option to purchase childcare vouchers, and become eligible for our staff energy tariff along with other great ad-hoc offers.
We believe in putting energy into looking after our teams, so you’ll benefit from BUPA Private Healthcare, cycle to work scheme, a great working environment with relaxation areas to recharge your batteries and free soft drinks available all day. We also have "Fruity Friday" where fresh fruit is available every week for all employees.