Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum
Working as a Retail Store Manager for this growing and extremely successful retailer, you will lead a team to deliver efficiently and with pace, whilst providing a high calibre of service to every customer. Representing this household brand, you will be friendly, positive and approachable, and will be able to confidently lead and inspire a team towards achieving the store goals and targets. Able to manage KPI’s and with a clear ability to direct a large team, you will excel in a high volume retail business. With experience in Food, Department Store, high volume fashion, Supermarket or any other fast paced Retail Store environment, you will be an excellent leader and will be prepared to immerse yourself in this ever growing retail store environment.
THE ROLE – KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing, coaching and developing a team of customer advisors and management to deliver stock, sales and service to a retail business
- Ensure all staff are multi-skilled/tasked to complete a wide range of duties within the retail store
- Ensure all staff have knowledge of products and services within the whole retail store
- Assist the management team in managing the performance of self and others within agreed time limits, including setting performance standards and efficient use of the team around you
- Complete yearly appraisals for the team and ensure they are all developed to reach their potential
- Manage a business that is a household name, renowned for value, maximising sales at every opportunity and maintaining extremely high standards
- Understand customers, anticipating their needs, setting ‘best in class’ standards of service
- Ensuring staffing levels are adequate to meet customer expectations for the whole retail store
- Identify business levers and pro-actively assist the Area Manager to keep track of the competition so that the business can respond to change
- Manage stock availability and waste to achieve key performance indicators
- Driving customer service standards to achieve sales and exceed customer satisfaction targets
- Performance manage your team where necessary with an awareness and ability to follow company disciplinary procedures
- Experienced retail Manager, managing at least £1m turnover as a single site or with responsibility for this level of turnover within a larger unit
- Able to prioritise, delegate and direct a team who are driven to achieve specific daily deadlines and targets
- You will be motivated by results, be excited by achieving high standards and excel in delivering excellent customer service
- You will be someone who has high attention to detail, understands how to ensure procedures are adhered to and be naturally able to deliver clear efficient instructions to your retail team
- Able to describe your own achievements, you will be proud of your retail career and want to join a business that is achieving huge year on year growth, opening new retail sites across the UK and wants to build a team that is synonymous with success
- Ideally you will be working in retail, hospitality or banking and have managed 15+ staff and have worked in a fast paced business that is customer focused.
- A go getter, you will be energetic, show enthusiasm in your daily tasks and have a passion for volume retail
With over 10 million customers per week, our retail client is a rapidly growing household name, known throughout households and is the first point of call for many families for their shopping needs. With fantastic marketing campaigns, and a presence both in print and on screen, they are in an excellent position to provide a fantastic career to any new employee. Committed to developing their people and with a culture of support and innovation in their approach to retail.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Colchester, Braintree, Clacton-on-Sea, Bury St Edmunds, Norwich
KEYWORDS: Store Manager, Department Manager, Assistant Manager, Deputy Manager, Hospitality, Banking, Retail and Leisure.
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, award winning specialist retail & HR recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with; our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We provide our candidates with a consultative, honest, high quality and efficient service which develops long term relationships ensuring we become the preferred consultancy for all our clients and candidates. We pride ourselves on understanding people – we are real, we get to the real you and we will get you real results. But then, put simply - It’s the way we work.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
McCarthy Recruitment is retained and exclusive on this assignment
Apply for this role now or find us online at: