Senior Service Desk Analyst
Location: Reading Office
Reportnig to: Head of Managed Services
Role Objective: (brief summary of key function of role and where it fits into the organisation)
The objective of the role is to ensure that IPI deliver an excellent and consistent level of service to customers.
The Service Desk is a fundamental function of the Network Operations Centre (NOC) at IPI. The primary activity of the Service Desk is to resolve incidents and complete tasks quickly and effectively, whilst keeping the customer up to date throughout the lifecycle of their ticket within their agreed SLAs in line with ITIL standards. The Senior Service Desk Analyst will oversee this approach.
You will work closely with the Service Delivery Mangers and Head of Managed Service functions, to evolve the IPI Service Desk in line with the IPI Managed Service portfolio and ITIL framework. Your key objective will be to ensure the consistent delivery of exceptional customer satisfaction throughout the lifecycle of an incident, problem or change.
You will be required to provide incident management - owning the life cycle of the incident and escalate within agreed timescales to ensure incident target resolution times are not breeched.
You will also be part of the Escalation Management team, as first point of contact for customer escalations you will need to manage customers’ expectations during this potentially sensitive time. You will also form part of the out of hours Duty Manager rota.
Key Responsibilities: (list key tasks, responsibilities, deliverables etc.)
You will be responsible for managing the following functions to ensure that they are run effectively and efficiently.
- Manage and mentor the Service Desk Analyst team to proactively deliver all tasks outlined effectively.
- Proactively logging and managing Service Desk Activities including Incidents, Change requests, Requests for Information etc. and management of communication with customers.
- To personally manage major/significant incidents and act as an escalation point until resolution within SLA.
- To manage all tickets through their lifecycle with continuous updates and timely resolution.
- To provide Reason for Outage (RFO) and ticket timeline reports for all major incidents.
- Responsible for running Ticket Analysis reports to identify reoccurring issues and manage with the technical resolver teams, as part of a Problem Management Process.
- To assist with the Board Reporting pack with Head of Managed Services
- Demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively with customers, colleagues and suppliers under pressure.
- Ability to co-ordinate and direct activities and tasks.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 2 years minimum in a Senior Service Desk/Incident Management role in a technology environment.
- ITIL V3 certification.
- Strong leadership through proactive management is essential.
- Strong inter-personal and customer services skills are essential.
- Candidates should possess a natural initiative and pro-activeness to their method of working, be open to new ideas and have a positive outlook.
- Experiencing in writing RFO (Reason for Outage) reports.
- Experience in Problem Management and ticket analysis.
- A good telephone manner and friendly approach.
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English and attention to detail is essential.
- A driven, committed & flexible approach to work is required.
- Must be a team player and motivate others but also able to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work well to deadlines and under pressure.
- Experience of technical terminology and practical fault finding skills would be a benefit.
- This job will involve call-out working on a rota basis.
- This role may require occasional customer site visits and visits to other IP Integration sites.