Care Manager - Domiciliary
Registered Domiciliary Care Manager
Reports to: Franchise Owner
Salary: £30,000 - £33,000 DEO
Purpose of role
Efficiently manage the day to day running of the business. Allocate resources and monitor performance to deliver high quality home care to customers within budget. Manage all aspects of the staff team and provide sound leadership to ensure staff are clear about their respective duties and responsibilities and have the support they need to carry out their roles safely. To provide high quality home care services that support the rights of customers to live the lives they choose as far as they are able. The registered manager is directly accountable to the franchise owner(s) and to the regulatory body for domiciliary care.
The person specification is a picture of skills, knowledge and experience required to carry out this role. We will use the essential criteria to select suitable applicants for this post. You should demonstrate, using examples where possible, how you meet the essential criteria.
- Caring and compassionate towards people in need of care and support
- Respect for people suffering from a range of medical conditions with different backgrounds and beliefs to your own. Strong commitment to non-discriminatory care practice
- Commitment to respecting the rights of customers at all times and to promoting their privacy, dignity and independence throughout their lives
- Self-motivated and keen to learn. Willing to seek guidance when needed and follow instructions
- Excellent understanding of the needs of people who require care and support at home and the provision of home care services in line with best practice
- Must have S/NVQ L5 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification
- Knowledge of health and safety matters in relation to home care services and risk management
- Knowledge of how to recognise abuse and safeguarding procedures
- Experience of care services, risk assessment and person centred care and support
- Ability to plan and organise workloads effectively so customers receive the services they expect
- Ability to maintain clear written and electronic records and to follow statutory reporting procedures
- Willingness to work flexibly and to keep knowledge and skills up to date.
- Full drivers licence with no more than 6 points and Class 1 business insurance
- Experience of managing the delivery of social care services as a registered manager
- Train the trainer qualifications
- Knowledge of business management and business start up