Assistant Management Accountant
Job title: Assistant Management Accountant -
Maternity Cover (12-14 months fixed-term)
Salary: £24,000, plus £6,000 bonus if stay for the full length of fixed term contract
Main Purpose of Role
Our client a leading IT solutions company is currently looking for an Assistant Management Accountant who will be working closely with the Finance Director, Assistant Management Accountant and wider finance team to produce high quality management accounts. Produce accurate management information on a timely basis for effective business decision making.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Assist the Assistant Management Accountant to prepare the management accounts.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations, schedules, deferred income, accruals, prepayments, accrued income and job costing.
- Assist with managing relationships with key and/or challenging supplier accounts in order to raise queries and obtain credit notes. Handle escalated, disputed or complex supplier accounts.
- Ensure all financial data is input into Sage 200 in a timely and accurate manner.
- Adhere to all standardised processes and procedures as well as finance regulations and legislation.
- Part-qualified CIMA/ACCA
- Previous experience producing Management accounts
- Previous experience working on nominal ledger plus be able to understand purchase ledger and sales ledger relationship with nominal ledger
- Thorough knowledge of standard accounting policies and consolidation methods
- Confident using a variety of database including bespoke databases
- Some supervisory/management experience
- Knowledge of Sage 200 would be an advantage
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Able to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Pro-active and a self-starter
- Can Demonstrate a flexible -can-do' attitude
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Annual leave starts at 23 days per annum and increases with service. Colleagues can also buy and sell leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
Apply now for an interview!