Job Title: Facilities Manager (Hard services)
Department: Pure student living
Location: Field Based covering all Pure student sites, based out of London
Direct Reports: None
Reports To: Head of Operations
Key Purpose of the role
Assist Head of operations, in maintaining and effectively managing the facilities operation (particularly in hard services area) in an efficient and cost effective manner for the Pure student living portfolio
Key Tasks / Responsibility
Health & Safety.
* Provide a comprehensive advisory service on safety issues to managers / staff to enable them to comply with current legislation and to develop current processes and procedures
* Manage the process to ensure all employees undertake annual safety training (web based).
* Work with the current in house maintenance team to develop better staff utilisation across the Pure student living portfolio.
* Develop stock control and critical spares management.
* Develop and maintain asset register for each Pure student living site.
* Ensure that water risk assessments are scheduled biannually for sites as appropriate.
* Review risk assessment findings to ensure findings are managed in appropriate timescale and provide support to site employees in doing so.
* Prepare client reports as and when required in the format agreed by the client
* Input and review M&E and Life Safety elements of site budgets.
* Close management of contractors.
* Undertake site spot checks to identify compliance / non-compliance and provide recommendations / programme of action.
* Assist in Monitoring, updating and reporting on the effectiveness of the BHI Safety Management System.
* Promote an enthusiastic Safety culture that delivers positive commitment to and engages all employees in continuous improvement of Safety performance.
* Assist with the evaluation and implementation of documentation.
* Assist in managing the arrangements for incident, accident and statutory inspections and enquiries, agreeing and implementing necessary changes.
* Ensure accidents / incidents if required are investigated, correctly documented and reported.
* Assist with the production off company accident statistics and trends on a quarterly basis
* Assist in Identifying any new areas / employees where training may be necessary; and ensure that provision is made for training all those requiring it. (C.O.S.H.H, Fire, First Aid, Manual Handling, Evac Chair or any other training as required.
The above does not limit your duties and the company may require you from time to time to undertake any work within your capabilities and capacity.
* Management of all contracts for the business operating company, i.e. lifts, etc. for all buildings and portfolios with the exception of Utilities contracts - gas, electricity and water.
* Maintain a central register of all contracts held on behalf of the company.
* Assist with the preparation of tender information for new business opportunities together with appropriate prices.
* Working towards or possess NEBOSH / IOSH certificate
* Knowledge of building health & safety issues / FM background
* Knowledge of ISO 18001 / ISO 14001 / ISO 9001
* Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role
* Able to demonstrate a sound working knowledge of best practise within the facilities management area.
* Strong management and leadership skills
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of Behavioural Safety programmes
* Ability to train others
* IT skills to include MS Office and Excel
Attributes/ Personal Characteristics:
* Desire to deliver and achieve excellent standards of service
* The ability to lead & work within a team
* Positive and Enthusiastic
* The ability to stay calm under pressure
* Current clean driving licence and car essential
This job description list is not exhaustive and may alter in light of the changing needs of our clients. You may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the company may reasonably require.
Closing Date: 21st April 2017