CONTRACTS MANAGER (CIVIL ENG)
- Role: Contracts Manager
- Salary: 65-75K Basic plus benefits
- Location: South Wales
- Job Type: Full time/Permanent
The company’s business encompasses six division under its Engineering umbrella.
Over the past 20 years our client has constructed a reputation for providing an outstanding service. Our client undertakes a wide variety of projects nationwide ranging in scope from routine and emergency maintenance and improvements to the existing water and sewage network for one of the Utilities companies, to general construction works, to the building of waste management recycling facilities.
This role offers UK responsibility, reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer. We’re looking for a Civils Background and ideally you will hold a BSc in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
Ideal applicants will have earthworks and Civils experience with good geotechnical awareness. The role will involve the costing and submission of tender opportunities within the quarrying/earthwork sector.
- To cost and submit tender opportunities within the quarrying, earthworks sectors working alongside the operational management
- Manage the cost control and application for payments timeously at set frequencies while building and maintaining relationships crucial to the continuing success of the project.
- Maintaining and updating the tender pipeline
- Monitoring the performance of the contracts while seeking cost reduction opportunities to increase profit through increased efficiency and cost control
- Qualified chartered civil engineer (IENG or CENG)
- University degree in civil engineering or equivalent work experience to carry out the role of contracts manager with 10 plus year experience in a similar role
- Extensive earthworks & civils experience with good geotechnical awareness
- Proficient in the use of engineering software and volumetric calculations using Atuocad and LSS
- Site engineering background preferred. Competent in all aspects of information transfer from plans to spreadsheets for costing and analysis.
- Understanding of a modern earthmoving fleet; performance, production levels, cost to operate, labour cost, fuel consumption, etc
- Exceptional client facing skills are a prerequisite
- Flexibility is essential
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office, word, excel, project and power point
Remuneration and rewards-
We want to attract the best talent available for this role and the salary and package available reflect this.
- Annual salary: £65,000 to £75,000
- Car allowance
- Middle management
- 21 days annual leave (extra days can be acquired depending on seniority and length of service)
- Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm -however may be expected to work outside of the guideline hours when required in the discharge of your duties
- Based at head office however travel and occasional overnight stays throughout the UK may be required
- Reports into Chief Operations Officer
This is certainly a solid move for an individual looking to progress their career within a recognised organisation.
If you would like to discuss this role in more depth and have the opportunity to review an enhanced Job description please do not hesitate to make contact on at Cove recruitment - Kimberley Rhodes.
We take your Data Rights seriously. Please read through the below to understand how we treat your data.
Cove Recruitment Ltd. (R2 Birch Suite, Mamhilad House, Mamhilad Park Estate, Pontypool, NP4 0HZ, has collected and stored your resume and contact details.
We process this data for recruitment purposes only. We are storing this data in our Applicant Tracking System, and we will not share it with anyone else without your consent.
We would like to keep this data until our open role is filled. [We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period over when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you.] When that period is over, we will either delete your data or inform you that we will keep it in our database for future roles.
In this policy, you will find information about our compliance with GDPR (data protection law.) You can find how to send us a request to let you access your data that we have collected, request us to delete your data, correct any inaccuracies or restrict our processing of your data.You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle your data, you can contact us directly for more information or concerns.
- Contact: Kimberley Rhodes