M&E Technical Services Manager - Design & Build Fit-out
M&E Services Manager
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 Per Annum (Negotiable package including company-wide bonus)
I'm recruiting an M&E Technical Services Manager for a highest-calibre Design & Build Fit-out contractor in Manchester.
The company is medium-sized, well established, profitable and has one of the best reputations nationally for highest-quality "wow factor" office Fit-out. It has an incredible blue-chip client base, with customers including some of the highest-achievers in several sectors including Fintech, Contact centres, Food retail, blue-light and "traditional" Professional services (including Property Consultancy, Legal services, Accountancy and consultancy Engineering). It has delivered the highest-profile and largest office fit-out projects in the North West and it is led by a supportive, secure and highly-capable Senior Management team.
The post-holder will work alongside the project team, ensuring that all matters pertaining to M&E/technical services are considered, allowed for and implemented. This will necessitate clarity of performance requirements of the system, adequacy checks of design and implementation, and, focus around final commissioning.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities will include the following:
1. Ensure clear understanding of the requirements of the services solution requirement - be this by review of issued performance specification, or, understanding of building systems and standards
2. Ensure full understanding of existing building systems that are being retained or modified as part of the works
3. Provide input into design rationale provided by supply chain - including review of scope and proposals to ensure that we have a solid and correct system solution
4. Liaise with M+E consultants, either employed by the company or client throughout the duration of the project as required. Build strong relationships with both consultants and supply chain
5. Provide filter for the project team to ensure that there is clarity around any and all technical queries as they arise, and ensure these are always adequately closed out
6. Provide plain English overview of project development, challenges, risks and progress - internal and external
7. Troubleshoot any and all risks and concerns in regard to services through to satisfactory conclusion
8. Review & input on programming as required with the delivery team to ensure that critical milestones are clearly understood and adequately catered for
9. Always review potential for improvements and options for simplification of services solution
10. Ensure that services are well coordinated with construction drawing package, and at site level
11. Establish close working relationship with wider project team, ensuring clear understanding of the project - if in doubt ask
12. Monitor performances on site - ensure quality and programme are maintained throughout and resolve matters of risk
13. Attend meetings as required - internal and external, providing clear concise precis of all works associated with services
14. Assist with snagging inspections & lists, ensure that systems are handed over with minimal defects
15. Ensure adequate training of systems to client team as required
16. Witnessing of commissioning, and check of all certification prior to client submission
17. Ensure provision of checked O+M information at point of handover with all supporting documentation and certification
18. Honesty throughout in regard to all areas of the project - if problems, raise them with the wider team
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible medium-sized company that really is able to offer a superb working environment - this is not a number-driven corporate business where you'll have very little influence but a highly-capable entrepreneurial business that is well-funded and big enough to cope but very keen to listen to your ideas and expertise.
The company is able to offer an attractive package, including company wide bonus for the business hitting it's sales targets (this has been achieved for the last three quarters) as well as great employee engagement/reward events including Go-Karting and annual Christmas party.
For more information, please don't hesitate to to contact Lee Fallon or apply through this page in complete confidence.
Benson Clarke Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency (as defined in section 13(2) of the Employment Agencies Act 1973) in respect of this vacancy.
Benson Clarke is an independent Recruitment Consultancy that specialises in placing the highest-calibre Property, Construction & Engineering professionals throughout the UK. As the sector continues to bounce-back at rapid pace, we are interested in speaking to high-calibre experienced individuals interested in exploring the market. Please feel free to get in touch for a confidential discussion should you wish to explore the market or indeed should you wish to Recruit.