My client, a leading Housing Association based in London, are currently recruiting for a Finance Manager to join their team on a contract basis of 3 months initially.
* To take responsibility for the day-to-day and monthly posting of development accounts including Sales, Capitalised Interest, SLA
* Work closely with the delivery team to review the accuracy of scheme costs at completion.
* Monthly review and reconciliation of Work in progress ans Stock accounts
* To produce balance sheet reconciliations for review as directed and to take any follow up actions as requested.
* To input as directed to the yearend tasks such as providing audit requests and inputting information into the statutory accounting process.
* Demonstrate an acute attention to detail and investigatory nature towards all processing, reconciliation and reporting duties. Ensuring data is reviewed and discrepancies rectified on a timely basis.
* Take a proactive approach to all duties undertaken ensuring that any concerns raised from internal or external sources are satisfactorily resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible.
* Escalates issues to the Senior Finance Manager.
* Ensure all processes and polices are followed correctly, ensure any changes are captured and highlight areas where these are being neglected or circumnavigated.
* Working with other members of the Investment and Monitoring Team to provide flexible, timely and customer focused finance services
* Assist the internal and external auditors in the fulfilment of their work.
* Perform any other duties as may be reasonably requested by your line manager.
Experience and Pre-Qualification criteria
* Qualified/Part qualified or relevant financial accounting experience depending on seniority
* A demonstrable commitment to achieving customer service excellence, together with strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
* Experience in an accounting/finance department or similar environment.
* Acute attention to detail and strong investigatory skills
* Excellent organisation and time management skills
* Excellent IT skills specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Financial databases
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82306153