Our Client operates in partnership with the Universities within Liverpool to provide a pathway for international students to enter Undergraduate and Post Graduate degrees, where each year over a period of around 9 months, we see students from over 30 countries develop and flourish academically as they prepare for university life. The path can be challenging, as it takes time for students to adjust both socially and academically - but for the members of the team who help to make this happen, that just makes the transformation all the more rewarding.
The purpose of the role is to deliver highly effective modules in English Language and Academic Skills to international students on programmes offered by the College.
The position will have responsibility for:
- Teaching English Language and Academic Skills modules to students on programmes offered by the College
- Assisting with module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, delivery, marking and provision of feedback to students.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- Attending staff meetings and other internal meetings and staff development sessions as required
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the Head of Programmes, Curriculum Manager or the College Director
- 15 hours per week
- Providing input for related modules to the review and reporting process
- Providing tutorial support to a small number of students as required
The main reporting line will be to the Curriculum Manager.
The successful candidate will enjoy working with international students, be customer orientated and performance driven. In addition the successful candidate will have:
- Full Level 3 qualification (eg 3 A Levels) (Essential)
- CELTA (or equivalent) and/or MA in TEFL (Essential)
- Bachelor's Degree (Desirable)
- Experience of teaching EFL/EAP to international students
- Ability to develop and update innovative teaching material including technology-enhanced learning resources
- Competent IT skills e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, statistical teaching packages, e-mail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines in a faced-paced and dynamic environment
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be a performance-driven team player
- Student-centred and client-focused
If you are interested and hit the criteria above please apply through this job board or call the Liverpool Randstad office and ask for Ryan on the Secondary team
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82303265