My client has the following opportunity for an experienced Applications Engineer with the following skills and expertise
This position is part of the Applications Engineering team that is focused on supporting Smart CODECS and Audio Solutions for mobile customers. You will play a fundamental role in bringing to market next-generation devices and DSP algorithms for the clients growing audio business and ensuring that their customers can easily and effectively integrate their devices into the end products.
- Provide direct engineering support to Clients customers and field personnel
- Provide direct engineering support to Clients internal research and product development teams
- Develop reference designs and demonstration platforms
- Develop application notes, white papers, demo-board, and reference-design manuals
- Develop firmware for customer reference and demonstration
- Execute customer-application focused data collection and circuit analysis
- Contribute to next-generation audio product definition
- Collaborate with SW developers, System engineers and IC Designers to understand and define requirements and customer use cases
- Autonomously manage tasks and priorities
- Travel internationally approximately 4-8 weeks per year
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BEng with relevant experience or MEng and related experience in the Hardware or Semiconductor industry, or with Integrated Systems
- Experience in a customer facing engineering role preferred
- Mixed-signal hardware and audio-related backgrounds are strongly preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude in system understanding of various industry interface standards such as I2C, SPI, USB, UART, I2S or high speed control/data bus examples.
- Experience in component selection, schematic entry and knowledge of PCB layout design.
- Familiarity with scripting/programming language such as Verilog, C, Python, MATLAB, Embedded Firmware or similar
- Solid hands-on experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, audio analysers, logic analysers, spectrum analysers.
- Experience with analysing and evaluating audio products with hardware tools such as Audio Precision analysers.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent cognitive abilities combined with a logical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to translate complex product concepts into an easy to understand form.
- Demonstrate initiative and deal with constantly evolving priorities and competing demands.