Linux Analyst - Leicestershire
Linux Analyst - Leicestershire - 6 months FTC/ Perm
My client is an international electricity and gas company and one of the largest investor owned Energy companies in the world. They play a vital role in delivering gas and electricity to many millions of people across Great Britain and North-Eastern US in an efficient, reliable and safe manner.
- Provide 24x7 system management / administration expertise in high availability mission critical ITIL environment
- Perform proactive maintenance and monitoring.
- Use change, problem, release management toolset.
- Liaise with (and host) 3rd party service centres/engineers as required.
- Engage and assist all technical leads and other team members.
- Problem ownership and management.
- Monitor work flow management tools and react to logged tasks/incidents and requests
Knowledge and Qualifications Desired
- ITIL V3 (minimum of foundation, higher preferred)
- IT Industry recognized technical certification
- Experience in system administration of Red Hat based Linux distributions
- Understanding of Network protocols and topologies
- Methodical and positive approach to problem solving
- Experience of working effectively both individually and as part of highly productive small to medium sized teams in an Infrastructure/Application ITIL based support environment
- Appreciation of business critical real-time systems, ensuring high levels of availability through your direct actions.
- Accountability to see issues through to successful resolutions.
- Willingness to participate in an Out Of Hours support rota.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- A desire to expand one's knowledge into other domains.
- Candidate must be able to pass required security vetting process
Technical Know How
Technical Specialism - Linux
ITIL - EVENT/INCIDENT/PROBLEM Management
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82300744