Senior Structural Engineer - Cardiff
Role: Senior Structural Engineer
Salary: Up to £40,000
Penguin Recruitment are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, who are based in their offices in Cardiff.
The consultancy are currently offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Structural engineer to come in and assist in the growth of the business. The successful candidate will work with the Directors in order to assist them in their projects, and to help lead the more junior members of the team on these projects.
They offer an end-to-end service for their clients extending from initial planning, through detail design to construction and fit out. The company's culture is built on integrity, trust and respect and they place a high value on the partnerships they have formed with clients and fellow professionals. Through integrated teamwork and by harmonising their skills they are able to give the best possible advice to their customers and to deliver greater value. The company's commitment is to understand clients' needs in terms of objectives, quality, value, budget and timescales using economic and practical solutions. The diverse range and size of projects undertaken allows considerable cross-fertilisation of knowledge, expertise and experience. Their success is demonstrated by its considerable repeat business, client loyalty and by the many prestigious projects completed.
The main requirements for the Senior Structural Engineer will be:
- A Structural/Civil Engineering degree, with a minimum grade of 2:1;
- Approaching Chartership through the Institution of Civil Engineers or the Institution of Structural Engineers;
- Experience of the application of structural analysis software;
- Experience of operating within quality management procedures;
- Experience of working with contractors on design and build projects;
- Experience of the maintenance of structures.
The main responsibilities for the Senior Structural Engineer will be:
- Supervising and overseeing the work of project design team members including senior engineers, engineers and graduates;
- Taking technical ownership of activities that will include the preparation of structural design solutions for major civil engineering works at preliminary, tender, and detailed design stages;
- Lead and develop teams of Graduates, Engineers and Technicians in preparing design solutions for bridge and tunnel projects at preliminary, tender, and detailed design stages;
- Programme, financial and technical responsibility for design services;
- First point of contact for customers, contractors and other external organisations.
In order to discuss this role, please contact Tom on 01792 365108, or alternatively send an email expressing your interest with a CV attached to