Sales Account Manager
At Exertis, we thrive in a company culture that is driven to deliver more for customers. Our employees are committed, proactive and motivated. This dynamic environment contributes to a thriving growth-focused culture throughout Exertis, providing many career opportunities that span sales, commercial and corporate activities
Exertis is one of Europe's largest and fastest growing technology distribution and specialist service providers.
We partner with 350+ global technology brands and over 30,000 resellers, e-commerce operators and retailers across Europe. In our most recent financial year to 31st March 2017, Exertis had a turnover of £2.44 billion
Our scale and knowledge, combined with our experience across the technology sector, enables us to continue to innovate and deliver market leading services for our partners.
Exertis is part of DCC plc, a FTSE 100 company, specializing in international sales, marketing, distribution and business support services, employing over 9,500 people worldwide with an annual turnover of in excess of £10.5 billion. Being part of DCC provides us with superior financial strength and the ability to continually invest in bringing new services to the market.
As an Account Manager, you will be expected to build and develop your set of accounts and build close relationships in order to establish Exertis as the industry supplier of choice. Some customers will already trade with Exertis; some of these accounts will be new to Exertis and range from small to medium enterprise business up to multi-million-pound industry leaders. Think of it as effectively managing your own business which you will develop and grow by understanding their buying needs and matching those to our leading-edge products.
You will work in a team and have the full support of dedicated specialists who will ensure you have support, information on product and offers to maximise your sales opportunities.
- Manage and develop your own set of accounts ranging from new to established customers
- Work to daily, weekly and monthly targets supported by your team manager
- Take part in daily team meetings and sharing tips and techniques with your colleagues
- Build specific product knowledge and understand the market in order to add value to customers
- Deal with customer queries while offering advice and guidance to Exertis customers and suppliers.
- Identify and report large sales opportunities that may require additional support to secure business.
- Undertake research of marketplace and your customers to enhance and grow your account set. Weekly and Monthly Forecasting.
- Take part in promotions and competitions to build company sales
To succeed and enjoy this role you'll need:
Self-confidence to build relationships with resellers and get the sale, to advise customers on the best products for their business, to own and work to a target and to take ownership when a problem arises
- Ideally IT sales experience
- To be a clear and confident communicator
- An entrepreneurial spirit backed by the confidence that Exertis is an established name in the marketplace with products that are competitively priced and feature the latest technology.
- Willingness to learn from colleagues and develop your sales career.
- To be comfortable working with technology as well as selling it.
- Self-motivated, consistent, reliable and resilient with a positive outlook always willing to rise to the challenge with a great desire to succeed
Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the Group Business Conduct Guidelines.