Enterprise Windows Technical Support Engineer
(Windows Server/Windows Clustering/CrashDumps/AD/Networking/MSSQL/Backup)
We are the IT industry’s World Leader in the Enterprise Backup & Recovery sector. Due to our continued successes and achievements, we have led this market for the past seven years against major players such as EMC, Veeam, ArcServe, IBM, HP and Veritas.
Protecting data and information if hugely important for organisations big and small and as a company we pride ourselves on protecting our customer’s data and information whilst continuing to inspire customers, partners and competitors.
We make it clear to Engineer’s who are interested in joining our family, we don’t want Engineers who just want jobs! You are the core of our organisations and we want Techy’s who want a role where they can really make a difference to our customers and inspire our teams!
A Day in the Life…
This position will see you join our EMEA Enterprise Windows Technical Support team. As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be fully trained in our product and be responsible for tackling tricky technical cases.
This position will see you join our EMEA Technical Support Division. As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be fully trained in our market leading Backup & Recovery product and will be responsible for supporting our customers in the EMEA region.
80% of our technical cases are not related to our product, but are actually a problem with a customer’s technical environment. Along with supporting our product, you will also be responsible for helping support our customer environment and will encounter tricky technical challenges across Windows Server, Clustering, MSSQL, Networking and Backup technologies.
This is not a helpdesk role! This is a highly technically challenging role, which will see you encounter different challenges on a daily basis. If you are a techy who love’s troubleshooting, then this is the role for you!
What You’ve Got!
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Windows Server 2012 upwards
- Experience with Networking and troubleshooting connectivity, name resolution, and performance based issues with OS and/or hardware
- Experience and knowledge of Windows Clustering and Crash Dumps
- A strong knowledge and practical experience working with Active Directory
- Experience working with MS SQL with either querying, native backups and restores or mirroring.
- Experience working with a Backup technology such as: CommVault, NetBackup/BackupExec, Veeam, ArcServe, Data Protector or any other backup technology would be a benefit
- Experience with Storage or Virtualisation technologies would be a benefit, but not essential.
- Excellent Customer Interaction skills, being able to gather incident details, keep customers up to date throughout the process and knowing not to talk about Reverse DNS if you end up to talking to non-techy!
- A proven ability to multi-task and show exceptional time management skills in a fast paced environment.
- A strong team player who is able to communicate well with multiple teams in the department as well as other teams in the Australia and American regions.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, a person who loves to take on new challenges who can also demonstrate strong self-learning abilities.
Ready to Apply?
- If the above description has you saying "That’s me!", then we look forward to receiving your application!