SF Group are currently recruiting for an experienced Estimator to work for a growing business based in Shepshed.
As the popularity for this industry has grown they have added and developed many new products and systems to stay at the forefront of the market.
As the Estimator you will be required to work with the sales team to quote each enquiry as required and return each quotation on the deadline stated.
Your will be responsible for:
- All pricing and costing alongside Area Salesman
- Familiarisation with suppliers, specifications and prices
- Telephone answering as required - see Telephone and prices
- Prioritise urgent costing and meet deadlines
- Take responsibility while estimating for meeting Tender/Secured Contract return dates
- Extract relevant information from the enquiry documents to quantify a project including doing a take off from Architect's drawings
- Prioritise plan and schedule as required by the Sales Manager and or Area Salesman
- Negotiation with purchasing and or suppliers to obtain best rates on larger jobs on a specific size basis
- Liaise directly with customers, evaluate their requirements thoroughly, then solve their problem (meet their expectations) as directed by your Area Sales Manager
- Telesales calls to clients as required
- Check and sign quotations
- Or any other reasonable duties within your skills and capabilities as directed by your manager
The Estimator role requires a candidate that has a high level of attention to detail, conversant with excel formulas, number/data processing and good at presenting technical information in a clear and understandable way. Construction knowledge is useful but not essential for this position.
In return you will work Monday-Friday 08:00-16:30 and be offered an attractive salary of up to £20,000.