Alexander Knight Recruitment are currently recruiting on behalf of one of their clients who are based in Feering, Colchester, Essex a Web Developer.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience building applications and be proficient in a Microsoft based environment. Experience developing within the Travel Industry would be an advantage but not essential. They will also possess the ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team.
The company offer an excellent working environment as well as benefits and 23 day’s holiday.
Duties and Responsibilities - Web Application Development
- Maintain and support all web applications at the company.
- Possess excellent HTML & CSS skills with significant experience of supporting a user base heavily dependent on Internet Explorer as well as Responsive websites for mobile device usage
- Integrate enhancements and updates as technology dictates, for example SAML based Single Sign On, Apple Pass production and payment gateway integration
- Understand the concepts of Microsoft COM component middle tier development to provide feedback to and consume interfaces provided by the middle tier development team
Duties and Responsibilities - Support
- Diagnose support queries to ensure excellent 1st and 2nd line support
- Work with other IT team members to assist in diagnosing issues and failures to ensure consistent customer service
- Any other tasks which may be deemed necessary from time to time to further enhance the position of Web Developer in particular or the Company in general.
Key Competencies Requirements
- Excellent skills for developing web applications in HTML, CSS, jQuery, Bootstrap v2 and above
- Needs to be able to consume data from MS SQL, REST, XML web services.
- Experience of integrating to and from various APIs (Google Maps, Expedia, Booking.com, Apple Wallet amongst others).
- Experience with Microsoft technologies (asp Classic and asp.Net), COM components and SQL Server 2008 and above
- Ability to integrate with various 3rd party web services (XML, SOAP & JSON based)
- At least 2 years’ experience building applications utilising Bootstrap V2 or above and jQuery all versions.
- Knowledge of the following would be an advantage: Google Maps, SAML v2 (both IdP and SP), development within PCI DSS guidelines, FusionCharts, HTML Email design, accessible web design, SharePoint intranet design, Bootstrap 2 migration to later versions.