Commercial Finance Analyst
Salary: £26,000 - £30,000 p/a + amazing benefits (Grade F)Location: Manchester city centre
In a rapidly changing retail landscape, our commercial finance team plays a crucial role in helping us to thrive in an environment where competition is fierce and customers, quite rightly, demand more than ever. The team provides the analysis that allows us to run efficiently, continue to innovate and further improve the service we offer on high streets across the UK. Now we're looking for a commercial finance analyst to further support our work.
In this role, it'll be up to you to take a close look at our data, summarise it and draw out the key messages that managers and colleagues need to make the right decisions. That means you'll be on the front line of how our business operates and how we can be even more efficient and innovative. The work is substantial and satisfying and you will be focused on understanding category performance, forecasts and commercial initiatives.
What you'll do:
- provide reporting and analysis to understand sales and margin performance for each of our categories in respect to price & promotions
- consolidate short-term forecasts from each of the categories to provide understanding of expected promotional performance
- create insightful analysis to track commercial initiatives and benchmark performance
- create ad-hoc analysis to interrogate performance in response to queries
- create periodic performance analysis for each of our categories
- ensure you work in line with agreed KPIs, standards, policies and regulations
This is a role where you'll often stretch yourself, applying your analytical ability across a range of different areas. Maybe even in situations you have not personally experienced before. This role suits anyone who is inquisitive, likes to get to the bottom of things and enjoys solving problems. It's also a chance for you to grow your skills, enhance your career and make a real difference to how our business operates.
We'd love to talk to you if:
- you are currently studying for a recognised financial qualification or have an aspiration to study
- you are analytical with a level of excel skills to be able to manipulate complex data sets and provide insightful reporting
- you're a self-starter with the ability prioritise tasks in changing environments with minimal guidance
- you enjoy working as part of a team
- you're able to easily build and engage relationships with all kinds of people, at all levels
When you join the Co-op you'll become part of an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You'll also get a competitive salary, 28 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and a pension with up to 10% employer contributions.
We're actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to accommodate personal circumstances. You can find out more about the full range of Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82296988