Childcare Tutor - South London - £24k - £30k
A leading Ofsted 'Outstanding’ provider of work based learning is seeking a talented childcare tutor to support with our rapidly expanding business, utilising a blend of stand-up delivery, one to one coaching and assessment.
As the tutor, you will be responsible for your own caseload of apprentices and will work closely with the employer to develop their skills, abilities and knowledge using our integrated e-learning provision.
No two days are the same, with the majority of learning taking place in the workplace itself, you will get to experience a diverse range of individuals and organisations. From large national childcare providers to small settings benefiting from our apprenticeship recruitment service.
As the tutor, you will be responsible for delivering full apprenticeship frameworks, including functional skills, to your own caseload of around 40 apprentices and work closely with their employers to develop their apprentice’s skills, abilities and knowledge using our fully integrated e-learning provision.
The skills set & experience:
- An early years professional looking to move into teaching and training
- Over 5 years minimum solid early years experience with at least 2 years at supervisory/management level
- Experience of tutoring/assessing (highly desirable)
- Strong maths, English and ICT skills (A-C equivalent or above)
- Experience of delivering functional skills (desirable)
- Committed to your own career development and ideally degree educated
- A genuine passion to teach and develop individuals to fulfil their potential
- Knowledge of apprenticeships
- Flexible and adaptable, enabling you to build rapport with our diverse learners and employers
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Willing to travel within South London and to the office in Twickenham when required
- An Investor In People Gold organisation, committed to your career development
- An exciting opportunity to bring your skills and experience to an award winning training provider and help shape the future of apprenticeships
- Innovative in our approach to education using the latest technologies
- Excellent in-house training and career progression opportunities
- Summer and winter parties and team day events
- 20 days, plus bank holidays and Christmas period (32 days)
- Generous starting salary, Company phone and laptop
- Company pension scheme
- Company car (subject to availability)
If you are interested in joining a reputable organisation which is continuing to grow, please apply!
As an Equal Opportunities employer Hawk Training welcomes applications from all sectors of the community