- The Materials Manager will contribute to the hospital’s success by providing leadership and direction on all materials and purchasing related activity across the relevant site(s).
- This role will ensure all aspects of the materials strategy are realised through the continuous improvement of purchasing and stock management services and processes and education of key stakeholders within the hospital with regards to supplies and inventory management.
- The Materials Manager will be responsible for developing the role of the materials team including maximising the effectiveness of the resource.
- They will work closely with the hospitals Heads of Department (HODs), Central Procurement, Finance and their corporate colleagues to achieve the best value and quality of product made available for us at the right time.
- Staff management including appraisals, holidays and sickness, disciplinary matters and recruitment.
- Responsible for departmental Health and Safety, mandatory training and communication.
- Budget responsibility for Material Department.
- Enforcement of expenditure approval policy and internal audit guidelines.
- Implementation and review of materials department policies and procedures.
- Responsible for liaising with colleagues to bring about an increase in hospital stock turn and a reduction in overall stockholding.
- Ensure that each department review stock holding, par Levels and follows correct processes for ordering.
- Stock takes management and reporting.
- Managing call-off invoices according to process.
- Liaison with finance regarding stock value, invoice payment etc.
- Take a holistic view of stock management within the hospital working with other HOD’s and departments to ensure compliance with purchase to pay processes and best practice stock management.
- Internal resource to support business purchase to pay processes.
- Implement proposed changes to process and suggest changes to improve compliance
- Maintain the accuracy of the PeopleSoft stock master file stock on hand and charge master.
- Use of reports and models to carry out stock analysis with the aim of increasing stock efficiencies.
- Work closely with theatre manager and clinical leads to develop consultant driven pick lists for different procedures.
- Attend meetings with colleagues and suppliers as necessary.
- Liaison for the implementation of corporate purchasing mandates and initiatives. Driving compliance with the hospitals standardization items.
- Supplier cost analysis and negotiation for non-corporate or mandated contracts.
- Deal with the escalation of inner-departmental issues, complaints and supply problems.
- Ensure the Materials Department is maintained as a clean and tidy work area.
- Responsible for dealing with CPD rejections.