Salary: up to £50k
Our client, a leading and rapidly expanding software vendor based in Cambridge is looking to recruit the services of an experienced web developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs with stakeholders
- Optimise the front-end service for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient background in web mark-up, including HTML5 & CSS3
- Good understanding of styling pre-processors, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
- Have the ability to translate high level designs, wireframes or rough sketches into fully functioning components, and conversely translate your ideas into sketches and wireframes to share with the wider team.