Assistant Management Accountant
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Management Accountant / Financial Analyst, Preston Based.
Your new company
This fast paced Private Equity backed business is seeking an hands on Assistant Management Accountant / Financial Analyst to joining this ever moving and developing team. My client has experienced 50% growth year on year and is set to continue this pattern.
Your new role
You will closely with not only the full management team, but the Financial Controller and Financial Director of the business, you will take ownership of your element of Management Accounts and financial analytical cost saving.
Duties will include:
- Completion of the nominal ledger ready for the monthly management accounts preparation
- Month end Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with the production of monthly management accounts
- Covering transactional and daily processing tasks as and when required
- Revenue and gross margin analysis to ensure the completeness and accuracy of reported revenue and margins
- Budget vs actual variance analysis on key general ledger accounts and KPIs
- Ad hoc financial analysis as required
- Ad hoc financial projects work including development of control processes, procedures and reporting as required
Personal attributes & competencies
- Self motivated
- Flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrable team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Appreciation of the overall business position and objectives
What you'll need to succeed
You should demonstrate experience of nominal ledger, accruals, prepayments and exposure to the month end processes for reporting of the management pack.
Strong excel skills (pivot tables and advanced functions) along with Strong IT skills and an interest in systems. Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and analytic skill
What you'll get in return
You will gain exposure to many areas of accounting and with experience a large amount of personal growth and career development. In addition you will be rewarded with a very competitive salary and excellent benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.