Finance Manager Ringwood
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Finance Manager to join our well-established client's friendly and hard-working team based in Ringwood, Dorset!
If you have a strong understanding of the workings of an office, a basic understanding of accountancy and book-keeping but also great interpersonal skills and are great with people then we would love to hear from you!
Location: Ringwood, Hampshire
Hours: 24 hours per week, Monday - Friday to be confirmed
Salary: £35,000 per annum pro rata, dependent on experience
- Produce sales invoices and ensure all payments are received in accordance with contract conditions.
- Record supplier invoices and make periodic payment runs.
- Manage credit card accounts.
- Reconcile all bank accounts.
- Reconcile petty cash returns, process additional payments and top up as required.
- Calculate and post month end accruals and pre payments.
- Process all team member timesheets for submission to managed payroll provider. Check payroll reports from payroll provider are accurate.
- Process travel claims and expenses.
- Set budgets in consultation with management team.
- Produce monthly management accounts and KPI reports
- Review and analyse monthly variances and report to senior management team
- Produce rolling monthly cashflow statement
- Provide all financial information and liaise with auditors during the annual accounts preparation.
- Meet regularly with budget holders to discuss variances and ensure understanding of management information.
- Provide senior managers with financial assistance.
- Review financial proposals for new business including the impact on cashflow and critical friend analysis.
- Assess business cases for financial impact e.g. lease arrangements.
- Liaise with external stakeholders e.g. accountants, suppliers, LA Finance teams, payroll bureau.
- Processing and sign off of placement fees and subsequent amendments.
- Manage budgets for development projects.
Financial Policy and process
- Review, implement and monitor delegated authorities across the company.
- Review, implement and audit petty cash processing.
- Review and implement travel claims and expenses policy and process.
- Implementing and monitoring re financing plan .
- Attract additional moneys and investors to support growth.
- Analyse the risk and implications of any investors .
- Monitor and manage any associated risks.
- Produce financial planning for the business plan .
Continuous Professional Development
- Assume responsibility for own professional and personal development.
- Maintain a high level of competence to deliver the organisation's requirement.
- Attend and participate in supervision, annual appraisals and staff meetings as required.
- Undertake relevant mandatory training.
Other duties and behaviours
- To provide support to the Director in the form of operational financial advice and give impartial reports of the cashflow situation in the short and medium term.
- To represent senior management in all financial matters in a professional manner and communicate with different levels of the business.
- To appreciate when financial affairs are of a confidential nature.
- Advise where inefficiencies are evident and bring forward cost saving and value for money ideas.
Our aim is to respond to your application within 48 hours. However, due to high volumes of candidates applying for positions, please assume that if we have not contacted you within 48 hours you have been unsuccessful for this role. We will keep your details and contact you should a more suitable position become available.
Don't delay, call, click or come in today! Find success with SOS!