Production CAD Engineer, Witney
We currently have a vacancy for a Production/CAD Engineer. This is an interesting and challenging opportunity, offering a competitive salary plus discretionary profit share bonus, health insurance, pension scheme, life assurance and other benefits.
Key Objectives of Role:
- To control the engineering change process, including creating and managing Bills of Materials (BOMs)
- To produce accurate and detailed technical drawings as required by the engineering department, customers and suppliers
- Assist with our engineering requirements
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the main requirements of the role are:
- Maintain existing BOMs, ensuring that all changes are recorded and effectively communicated
- Restructuring the BOMs and linking these to the ERP system
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Quality and Purchasing Depts
- Be responsible for some stock administration. Ensuring Navision is regularly updated with any new editions / changes
- Monitor the cost of stock and check for anomalies
- Update technical drawings as part of the change process
- To produce accurate and detailed drawings from an initial brief
- Modify existing drawings to bring them up to current specification
- Use Autodesk Inventor to create drawing work
- Assist with product redesign to continuously improve products
- Liaise with suppliers to discuss drawings and requirements
- Work closely with other members of the Quality, Engineering and Production teams
Person Specification & Key Requirements:
- 3D CAD experience - preferably Autodesk Inventor but Solidworks / Pro E would be acceptable.
- Ideally a background in production or mechanical engineering with BOM experience
- Knowledge of material properties
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Each candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.
Champion Technical, a specialist division of Champion Employment Ltd acting as an Employment Agency & Business.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted at this time. If you do not hear back from us within four days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application. Please continue to visit the website for other opportunities.