Job Title: QA Manager
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
Salary: £30000 to £35000
Hours: Mon – Fri 08:00 – 17:00
You will be an experienced Quality Assurance Manager who has experience of working in the food industry. Experience with food hygiene and BRC standards would be highly beneficial. You will also have the following skills and experience.
• At least 3 years technical/hygiene experience with a clear track record of achievement, preferably with management experience of leading teams working in commercially challenging, results driven, food manufacturing environment.
• Ideally you will have knowledge of BRC standards
• Ideally you will have advanced food hygiene qualification
• Knowledge of HACCP
• Knowledge of COSHH would be beneficial but is not essential
• Auditing experience
• Quality assurance experience
• Knowledge of SEDEX would be beneficial but is not essential
• Experience of dealing with the major multiples would be beneficial
• Excellent administrative skills ensuring batch paperwork is complete
• To ensure that quality management systems, operating practices and process controls are developed, implemented and adhered to by staff to deliver consistent quality performance and Good Manufacturing Practice.
• To advise the site teams on company standards relating to GMP, food safety, quality and hygiene.
• To promote and develop technical service competency and continuously challenge and improve technical operational effectiveness.
• Develop initiatives which enhance the manufacturing operation through reduced costs and improved quality particularly in areas such as process monitoring & control.
• Complete paperwork used by the factory personnel and manage the document control system to make sure all documents are controlled suitably.
• To manage and complete routine laboratory testing and collate and trend results.
• Management and review of site hygiene systems and staffing controls
My client is an industry leader food manufacturer. A rare opportunity has arisen to join and lead their QA team with opportunities for internal career development.
HEADS Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on LinkedIn.