Assistant Financial Accountant
Our client, a leading employer based in South Kent who have recently gone through a period of exciting growth due to a number of mergers and acquisition are looking to recruit an Assistant Financial Accountant to occupy a contract until April 2018. (this is likely to be extended or made permanent). This is an exciting role where you will be part of a complex, global giant with plenty of career opportunity going forward.
The main purpose of the role is to provide financial support for a number of subsidiaries. The individual will need to build relationships both internally and externally and provide support to their respective subsidiaries.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support end to end month end process - Including processing of journals , loading of results into corporate consolidation tool and input to monthly Sarbox reports / control checks for actual, plan & LE reporting
- Quarter reporting - support completion of Corporate reporting packs
- Support to year end external audit plus input to statutory accounts and tax returns
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Ensure completed in a timely manner - understand & explain movements, balances & variances (YOY / monthly).
- Support the Business with ad hoc queries as they arise
- Project Work - recent examples include analysis of significant capex investment for tax returns.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- A sound academic record - Prepared to study towards / or studying towards a recognised Accountancy Qualification (AAT/ACCA/CIMA/).
- Experience of SAP, Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Lotus Notes, HFM, Essbase plus multi-dimensional database an advantage
Due to the high levels of applications we are experiencing at the moment we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates, if you have not had a response within 1 week of applying regretfully you have not been successful
Assistant Financial Accountant - Accountancy and Finance - Kent